Friday 18 July 2014

New Hair


If you have seen any of my very first YouTube videos you will have seen that only 2 years ago I had very short, pixie cut hair. It was nice for a while, super easy to do and always looked good, then slowly I started to get bored, there's not much you can really do with a short back and sides. 

As the years have rolled on, I have longed for super long hair so I could play with styles, curl it, crimp it, plait it but my hair grows so slowly. Then one day whilst looking in the mirror and styling my frizzy ends and grown out style, I realised that I DON'T want super long hair. My hair is extremely fine and having my hair any longer than my shoulders makes it look flat and lifeless. I don't know whether it's just me finally growing up and not caring about 'what everyone else is doing', but I decided in that moment that I wanted a hairstyle that actually suited me, not one that was fashionable or popular. 

You see it all the time on sites like We Heart it and Tumblr, girls with super long, thick hair that makes us all envious. The truth is that not all styles will suit everyone, there is no point of me having super long hair because it won't ever look good on ME. I'm happy to have a long bob, it's sleek and sophisticated and still long enough for me to have a play around with styles. 

Do I wish I had super long thick bouncy hair? Yes! Of course I do, but that isn't me. From now on I'll be working with what I've got, and to be honest, what I've got isn't all that bad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D