Friday 28 November 2014

Where Are All The Inbetweeners?


Fashion bloggers are starting to dominate the internet and it's great to see everyday, normal women showcasing their own personal styles. One thing I have noticed though is that the dress sizes of these successful bloggers seem to be at either end of the size scale. We have the tall, slim bloggers, that make up a large portion of the fashion blogger community, or the plus size bloggers, who seem to predominantly over a size UK 18. 

Recently I had the task of trying to find bloggers that were ideally sizes 14 & 16, it took me a good 2 hours to find only a handful. I'm all for the promotion of plus size bloggers and showing that women really do come in all shapes and sizes. However, it seems like the women who are between the sizes of 12-16 don't exist in the blogging community, or at least aren't as easy to find. 

As the UK average dress size for women is 14, I find it odd that fashion bloggers smaller than a 18 and bigger than a 10 are so hard to find. I personally come in at a size 12-14 and I don't take as many outfit posts simply because I'm not comfortable with my body. I look back at the pictures I've taken and instantly pick out all the things I hate, it just becomes a completely un-enjoyable and a miserable blogging experience.

So, is it a case that the young women between sizes 12-16 are more self-conscious about their body? Or is it because, as a society, we don't have a label for the women between these sizes? I'm not the skinniest person in the world, but I wouldn't class myself as plus size. 

Are you between a UK size 12-16? Would you class yourself as plus size? And why do you think the inbetweenies are so under represented?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D