Wednesday 25 February 2015

3 Simple Ways To Improve Your Search Engine Optimsation

Three Simple Ways To Improve Your Search Engine Optimisation


Following up from my SEO Tips For Beginners post, I wanted to list a couple more simple and beginner friendly ways to boost your blog/websites SEO. SEO is complicated, I'm just going to throw that out there and make it loud and clear. I've been researching and teaching myself as much about SEO as I can for the last 6 months and some of it still sounds like a completely different language to me!

The good news is you don't have to be an expert to make effective changes to your SEO and start seeing progress. It's always handy (and cheaper) if you can get by with basic SEO knowledge, especially when it come to working on your own website SEO.

Make it super easy to share your content.  If you make it extremely easy to share your post or page on desktop and mobile, people will be a lot more likely to share your lovely content with the world. Sharing your content not only increases your traffic but get's your link out into the big wide open water of the internet.

Seed your content on as many platforms as possible. Another way of getting your link out onto the web. Seeding is when you plant a link to your website or post on sites like Stumble Upon and Reddit. These sites are great at getting people who may never come across your website organically (typing your keywords into a search engine). I've noticed that since I started seeding my links on these websites, Stumble Upon has made its way into my top 10 sources of traffic!

Link to other pages on your site or blog. Internal linking is so easy to do and is great for your SEO. By linking to other pages on your site you are creating your own little web. The spiders I talked about in my SEO beginners post, love a good web to crawl. Creating your own web means that search engines like Google will see those links on your site and check them out, they will then index them if they haven't already, so that your post or page will show up in future organic searches.

The most important thing to remember about SEO is that it takes time and patience to see the results of your hard work. It takes Google a while to index new sites and get all the backlinks and extra stuff sorted, so be patient if you don't see results straight away. 

Have you been sorting out your SEO recently? Or do you leave your SEO to sort itself out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D