Monday 23 June 2014

Benefit Porefessional Primer Review


Whenever you read an article about the best primers going, Benefit Porefessional makes the cut every time. When I first heard about this product I thought 'ooo my pores are huge! I'll take some of that' so I rushed (well, I drove at a leisurely pace) down to my local department store to purchase it. When I got there, however I found that it was ridiculously tiny. This little guy is only a mere 22ml of nude coloured creamy gel, all for a whopping £24.50.

Now I'm not a snob when it comes to high-end makeup, I don't mind paying the money if it gives me flawless results, but this just didn't live up to the hype. I haven't noticed it making my pores small and unnoticeable, in fact, I haven't even noticed it making my makeup stay on longer. 

The oil free formula just doesn't work for my skin, it makes my skin feel super duper soft, which is lovely, but it also makes my skin feel dry and parched. It feels uncomfortable to wear no matter how little or how much I put on and overall I'm just not really taken with it. If you're looking for a drugstore dupe I would definitely go for the GOSH Velvet Touch Primer, it's not the same nude colour, but to be honest that has no effect on the actual outcome of the product anyway. It makes your skin equally as silky smooth, but it's light and doesn't dry out my skin. 

So unfortunately I'm not a fan. I'm sure there will be many of you shouting at your computer screens, mobiles and tablets right now telling me I'm wrong, but this just isn't the primer for me. 

Have you tired Porefessional yet? Do you think it's worth the hype surrounding it?




15 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with your blog, it's so gorgeous! I can't get enough of your photography, makes all the difference for me. Porefessional is definitely by favourite primer but the price tag does put me off a little bit. As a student it's just not possible for me to spend that much on something that goes underneath my foundation but at the same time you have to have primer! I find that maybelline's baby skin comes close for me but I haven't found something that I LOVE like porefessional xx

    Jade | skinsweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll have to try the Baby Skin, I really wanted to like this but my skin was just like nope! haha x

      Delete
  2. That's a shame it doesn't work for you, I love it which is actually a shame for me because you're right, it's pricey! But saying that I bought mine back on 1st Jan (had to treat myself because I was working New Year's Day haha!) but next time I might try that GOSH version. x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check out GOSH, their primer isn't super cheap, it's about £10 but it is one of the best primers I've used :) x

      Delete
  3. I'm not shouting at my computer screen, i'm sat here thinking 'finally, someone who isn't kissing porefessionals arse' haha... this blocked my pores and broke me out so badly. It's like putting silicone filler on your face I think. Great idea, but for me it totally failed in practice.

    Jade x

    Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I didn't find it blocking my pores, which most products do with me but it definitely didn't really do anything positive :/ x

      Delete
  4. I'm a NARS Pore Refining Primer fan.... A couple of quid more expensive than Benefit but you get double the amount and I haven't had an issue with blocked pores yet! Plus it has SPF 20 which is always good :)
    I must admit I'm not at all a Benefit fan. None of their products live up the hype for me, the Bad Girl mascara being my most hated. bought it, was lovely for a week, then after a week it became lumpy and unusable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bought a grand total of 3 Benefit products in my life and the only one I've actually loved is the Hoola bronzer. I just don't think their products are worth the money :/

      Delete
  5. That's a shame, i'm a big fan of this primer but I suppose products really are personal preference. Was good to read another opinion :)

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, when it comes to skin there is no 'one size fits all'. I really wanted to like this though but alas I did not :(

      Delete
  6. I really like this primer but I agree that it's very expensive! I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative so I'll have to look out for the GOSH one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it's still pricey for a drugstore product but it is amazing :) xx

      Delete
  7. I really really wanted to like it and I do still use it but I won't be buying it again. It does make your skin velvety soft though! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this primer. I also love Benefit's Stay Flawless 15 hour primer!

    thebeautyinformer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll stick with their powders and colour products, I'm dying to try their Push Up Liner! :)

      Delete

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D