Monday 30 June 2014

Virgin Holiday Cruises Competition | The Perfect Cruise Day to Night Look

Base Outfit

Day
Eyeliner: NARS Eyeliner Stylo 

Night

Recently I was asked to participate in the Virgin Holiday Cruises competition to create the perfect cruise day to night look. Obviously when you think of cruises you think of boats, and when I think of boats and fashion I think stripes! Oh, how I love stripes and styling stripes. The best thing about this striped crop top from Vera Moda is that the cut is clean and can be worn in a formal or informal way. Paired with a pair of simple and comfortable black shorts from Monki, I created a versatile base look that can be easily changed from day to night. 

For the day time you want to be as minimalistic as possible. There is nothing worse than being out in the sun and carrying a huge bag whilst wearing so much jewellery you sound like a one man band. I've kept it simple with the bare essentials, a pair of classic Ray Ban Wayfarers, a beachy straw bag to keep your suncream in, a pair of simple and comfy white lace up Vans and topped off with a dash of NARS liquid liner. 

To transition into the night I've paired our base look with some gorgeous red sandals from Missguided, a black ASOS clutch bag, a cute seagull necklace and finally a matte red lip courtesy of MAC Viva Glam Rihanna. 

As you can see I've gone for a pretty nautical look, but also kept the cuts clean and simple. There is no room for fussy fashion on holidays, it's a time for relaxing and taking things easy, that includes your wardrobe. 

Please go over to the Virgin Holiday Cruises competition page and vote for my outfit under the name Catherine Crawford (if you like it that is) and let's get this outfit to number one! 


4 comments:

  1. Great outfit pick! This is something I would definitely wear!
    lexi @ thelittlebrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to go out and buy it now haha

      Delete
  2. Love both looks! So nautical haha, right up my street :)

    Dusk darling blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit you picked out! I agree vacation outfits shouldn't be to fussy :)
    emmasbeginning.blogger.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D