Sunday 6 July 2014

The Sunday Post: Outfit Shopping & Driving Phobia


A quick sketch of Elsa// Graduation outfit sorted// A bit of meditation before bed// Time to dust my pencils off// Got to love Fat Fridays// 4th of July American style pancakes// My all time favourite music video// Some items for sale on Depop// Trying out the Crest whitening strips//  

This week consisted of mostly graduation outfit shopping and working. I have finally returned to my job and I'm now in the process of re-scheduling myself, getting back into the swing of working life and trying to fit everything I can around work. 

The one issue I'm having with this returning to work thing is that whilst my anxiety was bad, I developed an irrational fear of driving, something that is extremely inconvenient. To try and combat it, I've been dropping and picking my dad up from work every day (a 5-10 minute trip there and back). It has helped and I don't feel as much fear and panic when I think about getting behind the wheel. However the other day we got an email in regards to our graduation ceremony, saying that due to strikes, the air con in our graduation hall may not be working. I was already anxious about being at the ceremony (I have an issue with feeling trapped in those kinds of events) and the added idea that it may be uncontrollably warm has set me back in my anxiousness. Despite this little set back I'm determined to just push through until things start to get easier, live by the good old British motto of 'Keep Calm and Carry On'.

Moving on to some more positive weekly news, I found my graduation outfit! I got the River Island blouse and the pencil skirt from ASOS, the shoes are from Dorothy Perkins and the Fiorelli bag from Debenhams. I did want a nice blazer to throw on after the ceremony, but I couldn't find any I liked that went with the outfit and that I would wear again. 

Other than outfit shopping I've been trying to do more things that I love, like drawing. I managed to get my pencils out and do a quick sketch of Elsa from Frozen, which I'm reasonably proud of. I also finished my #100HappyDays, I never thought I'd be able to see it through till the end but I did! There were a couple of days where I just quickly snapped anything but for the most part I did it properly. 

So that's all for this week, next week I travel down to Cardiff one last time to graduate, I'm both excited and dreading it so we shall see how it all goes. Hope you guys have had a great week and let me know what you've been up to in the comments!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good week, hope you have a lovely graduation! x

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely week :) Hope the anxiousness eases, enjoy graduation- it's your time to shine! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, after the first hour I'll be fine it's just getting through that bit :) x

      Delete

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D