Friday 4 July 2014

Happy Fourth of July From a Brit


As I am of the British persuasion, I can't claim to really know much about the 4th July. All I know is that it is Independence day and our American cousins like to celebrate the fact they broke free from us Englishmen. Despite the fact that I don't celebrate Independence day, I will never pass up an opportunity to make big, thick, American style pancakes for breakfast (purely to show my support of course). 

Luckily I happened to have an array of berries in my fridge that turned out to be red and blue, mixed with a splodge of Greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey and I had semi-patriotic pancakes. This recipe is from the most glamorous female chef alive, Nigella Lawson and they are the best breakfast pancakes I have ever had! They are so thick and fluffy and the stack of yumminess you see in the image was actually only half the batter the recipe makes!

So from here in the UK to all of you Americans, have a great 4th July and I hope you get to watch lots of fireworks and eat lots of food with friends and family. 

If you would like to make Nigella's delicious pancakes you can find the recipe here, if you think you have the best American pancake recipe, then post it in the comments and I'll give it a whirl! 




7 comments:

  1. These look yummy I do love a good pancake! also what a good excuse to have them!
    Carrieanne xx
    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they were very nice, any excuse to eat naughty food XD x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They were so thick and fluffy! I was full until 6pm haha

      Delete
  3. These pancakes look amazing! I love the 4th July theme too. I love celebrating for any reason too haha! Love your blog and have followed :) xx

    http://healthjen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha celebrations mean yummy food so I'll embrace any celebration! x

      Delete
  4. These look amazzzzzing! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D