Friday 29 August 2014

I Never Knew I Needed You


Have you ever bought something on a whim? How often have you fallen completely in love with a product you never thought you needed? Well, that's what happened to me and these lovely products. At the time, I didn't really need any of these products, I just wanted them and luckily for me, they are amazing!

The Naked Basics palette was always something I felt like I needed, only because I had the previous 2 Naked palettes. So many times I looked at this little palette and thought 'I really don't need another neutral palette'. Then one day the temptation got the better of me and I added it to my shopping basket. I am so glad I did, it has quickly become one of, if not my all time favourite palette. It is so perfect for everyday makeup and perfect for work. Even the size makes it handbag friendly and it holds every shade you need for the perfect neutral eye. 

Benefit Hoola was another product that I didn't really need, I already have more than enough bronzers, but the hype surrounding this just made my curiosity too much to bare. After using this for the first time I fell in love, it really is as amazing as everyone says. Not only does it blend like butter, but it's also a great shade if you are of the more fair skinned variety. 

When it came to purchasing the MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation however, I did think up an excuse for buying it. Summer was fast approaching and I always turn into an oil slick in the warmer months. I bought this to mattify my foundation and also give me a bit of extra coverage for the mass amount of breakouts I was having at the time. I wouldn't recommend using this to set foundation as it can make you look a little cakey, but on it's own it is amazing. This will forever be a summer makeup staple for me. 

Finally there is the TIGI Totally Baked Volumising Hair Meringue. I saw HeyClaire using this in a tutorial and the packaging drew me in immediately. I have very fine hair so getting volume into it is a task and a half. This is the first and only product I have ever found that really gives me the volume I need without making my hair greasy and it smells just like lemon meringue! 

It just goes to show that sometimes it's a good idea to give into impulse buying. Maybe not on every little product you see, but sometimes you could find your holy grail product by just taking that chance. 

What products have you bought on a whim that you now couldn't bare to be without? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D