Monday 1 September 2014

August Favourites


You may or may not have noticed a brand new widget on my sidebar, I've added a little slideshow so that you guys can see my monthly favourites all month round!

This month I have a varied collection of favourites ranging from beauty to music. A lot of the makeup I've been loving this month is the same as last month, so instead I thought I'd make this a bit more random. 

This month I've been testing out the new foundation from YSL, the Fusion Ink foundation. I wasn't expecting to love this satin finish foundation as much as I do. Not only does it blend like a dream but it gives you a flawless finish and lasts all day! This has quickly become my favourite foundation for my oilier summer skin. 

Next I have a few skincare items that have been keeping my skin in top condition. The first is the Origins Gin Zing Eye Cream, something that I have an on-and-off again relationship with. I've been feeling very tired lately and this little guy has been helping me wake up my baggy eyes in the morning. It makes my eyes feel fresh and takes away that heavy under eye feeling. Then we have the Lush Grease Lightning Spot Treatment. My face really hated me this month and I had a lot of breakouts. Applying this at night helped take the redness away from angry spots and with constant use, it helped erase all traces of horrible blemishes. 

Another skincare product I've been loving is a small jar of the Lavender Face and Body Moisturiser from Primer Spa Shop. I got this in my goodie bag from the Manchester Bloggers Meet, I was a little worried about the inclusion of lavender as my skin has had reactions to it in the past. However I need not have worried, it is actually amazing at making my skin look plumped and healthy and I've had no reactions what so ever.  

A bit of a strange favourite to include but it needed to be in here, the Sure Compressed Deodorant. We've had a fairly warm summer so I've been on the hunt to find a deodorant to keep me dry as well as smelling fresh. The Sure Linen Dry has really helped keep me dry all day, especially when I've been running around in work. 

Finally, my two random favourites. The Troye Sivan EP TRYXE, an awesome electro pop album with some genuinely amazing tracks on to chill you out and the Complete Fairy Tales by The Brothers Grimm. Like I say in my video, this is not a fairy tale book for children, there's a lot of violence and there's a few bits that are laugh out loud ridiculous. 

What products have you been loving during August? Any music, books or beauty products you want to recommend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D