Wednesday 24 September 2014

5 Ways To Healthify Your Life


Let's be honest, being healthy is hard. It takes time and effort to make sure everything you put in your stomach is good for you and to squeeze in that 1 hour workout 3 times a week. Soon the excuses start flowing and 3 months down the line you've only moved a pinky finger and eaten at least 4 doughnuts... everyday. 

If you are finding particularly difficult to keep yourself in peak condition, do not fear. Over the last 3 years and my semi-successful journey in losing weight, I have come up with some very simple, low effort ways to keep yourself fit and keep those calories down. 

1. Drink massive amounts of water - I like to find the biggest glass in the house (usually a 2 pint glass) fill it with water and plonk it on my desk. That way I can simply reach, grab the glass and drink. No counting cups consumed, I know that once I've drank that whole glass I've had my water intake for the day, it also means that I can re-fill it and get even more water in without having to think twice!

2. Go for a walk - I noticed a massive difference in my overall health and mood when I started fitting in a 20-30 min walk a day. You can just walk around the block listening to your favourite tunes or walk to the shop and back, preferably not to get chocolate like I usually end up doing. 

3. Count calories (sort of) - This one does take a little more effort but it's definitely good if you think you eat healthily but no weight is budging. You don't have to do this to scientific precision, but using apps like MyFitnessPal will help give you a rough idea of where you're going wrong, plus it does all the complicated math for you.

4. Add fruit to everything - Having a yogurt for dessert? add some fruit. Having a sneaky bowl of ice cream after your pizza? Add some fruit. Making up a tasty bowl of cereal in the mornings? Add some fruit. You see the pattern? You can even cheat a little, if you love strawberries, cover them in dark chocolate, stick them in the fridge and have them for a tasty sweet treat. 

5. Drink fruit teas - If you are having major sugar cravings, try some sweet teas. I always make sure I have some sweet tea in the cupboard for when I return home from work at night. I always get in and immediately want something tasty so having a fruit tea helps beat that craving but without all the calories I would've taken in whilst devouring our biscuit draw. 

Everything takes effort but making these tiny changes in your everyday routine will have you feeling healthier and happier in a matter of weeks. Let me know in the comments below what little things you do to keep healthy, or what things you attempt to do to keep healthy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D