Monday 22 September 2014

A/W 14' Beauty Wishlist


Now that autumn is just around the corner, I've been thinking more and more about products that need to be purchased for me to survive the colder months. The main change that I notice is that my skin dries up like the desert, so I have to make sure that I have an army of moisturising products to tackle it. There is also the odd bit of makeup that catches my eye, usually something I've been looking at for a while and as my birthday is coming up, it's always good to have have a little treat lined up. 

1. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow - So many people have been raving about Charlotte Tilbury products, but because of the large price tag I haven't been able to give any a good testing. The Bronze & Glow however, caught my eye when the collection was first released. I have heard so many great things about the highlighter and the bronzer looks like it could be a good shade for the paler skinned (I need a lot more colour in the winter).

2. Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleansing Masque - Recently on Twitter I asked for face mask suggestions that could give me a good deep clean, this is the pick that came out on top. So many people recommended this to me and it was recently featured in one of my favourite YouTubers favourites videos, so I knew it was something I needed to test out. I suffer with blemish prone skin so I wanted something that could clean deep deep down but without reacting with my very sensitive skin, this sounds like the mask that could tick all the boxes. 

3. Korres Wild Rose 24-H Moisturising Brightening Cream - I'm currently in the market for a richer moisturiser to really tackle the colder weather. At the moment I'm using the Simple Rich Moisturiser but as my skin gets drier it doesn't do the same job. The packaging for the Korres Brightening Cream caught my eye initially and after a bit of research I decided I needed to give it a test out. 

4. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum - This is another product that everyone raves about. I've been wanting to try this for so long now but I've been trying to get through the foundations I already have. The reason I want to try the serum and not the foundation is that the serum feels a bit more gel like and moisturising. Even though the lightest shade of this is always sold out in my local Superdrug and Boots, I think I'll be on a hunt for it in the next couple of weeks. 

5. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk - I fell in love with the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm and when I found out they did it in a cleansing milk I knew I had to try it. The Take The Day Off range is absolutely amazing at removing stubborn makeup and it really feels like it's cleaning deep deep down. I find cleansing milks to be a lot better for dry skin as they don't strip out the oils like foaming cleansers have a habit of doing. Whether the cleansing milk will be quite as good as the balm is something that I'm prepared to find out for myself. 

6. Vaseline Spray & Go Essential Moisture - After using the Cocoa Butter Spray & Go, it quickly became a holy-grail product for winter. The Spray & Go moisturisers soak in super quickly, lightly fragrance the skin and give you a softly moisturised feeling. It's perfect for the lazy people like myself and I may go a bit mad and get a few different bottles so that I've tested every formula out. 

Let me know in the comments below what you always re-purchase in preparation for the winter months and what products you have your eye on to test out this year!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D