Monday 8 September 2014

Eyeliner Obsessions


Some people have thousands of lipsticks, some have stacks of different foundations but I collect eyeliners. Very rarely will you see me without any eyeliner, only on days when I really really can't be bothered spending time on my face. I'm not even bothered what form it comes in. I go through stages where I prefer kohl over liquid then it will switch up and the gel will be fished out of the draw and used non-stop. 

My first introduction to eyeliner was when I was about 13, my mum decided she wanted to give me a makeover and showed me how to apply a kohl pencil to the waterline. I immediately loved the look it gave me and it actually made my small eyes look wider, not to mention a black liner is a blue eyed girls best friend. Since that day I've never looked back, that day is when my love and fascination for makeup began. 

One of the things I love the most about eyeliner is that it is so versatile. You can go for a subtle cat eye or a really bold dramatic flick using liquid or gel liner. Then there's the smokey eye using a soft kohl pencil, so many looks with just one type of product. 

All of my eyeliners are drugstore, in fact I don't think I've ever bought a high-end liner. Eyeliner's are a pretty straightforward product, they either have great pigmentation or they don't, which makes them the ultimate product to buy a little cheaper. Of course you will always have the smudge or doesn't smudge problem, but there are so many brands with so many different types of liner, you are bound to find a great, reasonably priced liner that suits you perfectly. 

What is your preferred eyeliner type? Are you more of a liquid girl? Prefer a touch of gel? Or are you one for the slightly smokey kohl look? Whatever the formula, let me know how you wear yours in the comments below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D