Wednesday 10 September 2014

Dreams & Goals


I was recently contacted by the small business loan company Kabbage, who invited to write a post telling you all about my dreams and goals for the future. As I've recently graduated, my goals for the rest of my life have very much been at the fore front of my mind. Like most graduates, I left University without any clear idea of how I wanted my life to pan out and now I'm having to give it some serious thought. 

I've been a proper human adult for about 4 months now and I think I've figured it out, sort of. Since graduating I've been trying to get into the world of digital marketing, taking various internships to try and gain some knowledge and experience. It's hard, without a marketing degree as there are a lot of opportunities that are not open to me, but that doesn't mean I can't ever do it, it just means it's going to take a bit more work. 

I would love to have marketing as my main source of income but I also have other dreams. Not only am I a blogger and YouTuber, but I also love to design Blogger themes and my short term goal is to open an Etsy shop full of Blogger designs. I've even set myself a time goal, January 2015. It's been a long road of learning HTML/CSS to get to the point where I can confidently create the designs I want to. I've always loved being digitally creative and even though I don't plan to make a huge amount of money from it, it will be a great bit of extra income that I can really enjoy and satisfy my artsy side with.

As well as a blog design shop I also have a slightly bigger goal. For a long time now I've wanted to create an online magazine, I've been waiting for my coding skills to get up to scratch before I really started thinking seriously about it so that I could create a website that looks exactly how I want it. I'm currently deciding what platform to host it on, Wordpress (which would cost money) or Blogger (free). I'm hoping to really get stuck in with the design in the next couple of weeks and start thinking about what style I want to portray and what types of articles I want to feature. This is a dream of mine that I'm genuinely excited about and I can't wait for it all to come together. 

These are my career goals, both long and short term, but I also have some none career dreams. Due to my anxiety being particularly bad at the moment, I'm currently unable to travel long distances, which I guess could be classed as another short term goal of mine. I would love to see more of the world and travelling is a dream that I hope to, one day, be healthy enough to fulfil. The first place I have in mind is Sweden, I've always wanted to see the northern lights and I've found a package that would allow me to see them as well as spend time with my all-time favourite dogs (huskies!).

I think it's massively important to have more than one goal in life, even if some of them are teeny tiny goals. I'm the type of person that thinks of a million different things at once, so it should come as no surprise that I have a collection of various dreams and goals. Even when one goal has been reached you should have another one to swoop in and take its place, as you can see, I definitely have enough to last me a while. 

What are your long and short term goals? Are they career orientated or are they more personal? Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D