Wednesday 3 September 2014

Office Inspiration

(Images sourced from Pinterest)

This time last year the last of my older siblings flew the nest. This allowed me to finally live the youngest child dream of getting the largest bedroom in the house. Before moving I was in one of the smaller bedrooms, which is now currently empty and waiting for a spruce up. We've only just moved all the junk into the tiny box room and it awaits a good stripping and wallpapering. This little room will be our home office and I'm super excited to finally have a space to put my computer and have a proper work space.

At the moment I do a lot of my blog/YouTube work on my iMac and I hate that I end up being stuck in my bedroom 24/7. Having this separate space will hopefully take away some of that hermit vibe I've been getting the past few weeks. Not to mention I can finally buy a new desk that is wide enough to put my computer on, at the moment my screen is so close to my face I'm surprised I haven't gone blind! 

When you have the task of re-designing a space there is only one place to go, Pinterest. I have a plethora of interior boards that I use for inspiration, I'm particularly fond of the scandinavian design with a touch of industrial flare. I wanted a basic look, a lot of white furniture and hard, metal lamps. I also love the collage, no frame look for the wall art, it's cheap but stylish. We've decided on a 'no wall shelves' rule as the walls upstairs in our house are a bit flimsy, so putting shelves up is risky, we've already had one accident. This means there will probably be a lot of free standing book shelves, which I'm fine with. It's always been my dream to have a huge library filled with books on those tall, free standing shelves, just like in Beauty and the Beast (I may have delusions of grander).

Hopefully by the end of september all of the decoration side will be complete and I can jump in the car, IKEA Family card in hand and start buying some amazing office pieces. Of course when everything is finalised I'll be doing an office tour on my channel and I'll post some awesome pics right here on the blog. Let me know in the comments if you are as in love with the minimalist scandinavian style as I am and what would your dream office look like?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D