Friday 19 September 2014

Rimmel Wonderfull Mascara Review


Let me start by giving you a brief history of me and Rimmel mascaras... I hate them. Generally, as a rule of thumb, Rimmel mascaras just never bowl me over. I've tried many in the past and every single one have been dry, clumpy and the packaging way too big. Then one day on a mooch around Boots I decided I needed a new mascara, I avoided the Rimmel stand until I saw the word offer and wandered over. 

Because this was a relatively new product when I bought it, Boots were offering a discounted price of £4.99 instead of the usual £7.99. I'd heard of  the Rimmel Wonderfull mascara before and how it uses an infusion of Argan Oil to keep your lashes nourished and allow a light and fluttery feel. I've been promised things by Rimmel mascaras before, so even though I decided to give this a go, I wasn't hopeful about the results. 

The packaging is a very appealing, mirrored copper colour and miraculously Rimmel have kept it to a reasonable amount of chunk. It doesn't feel heavy in the hand and it fits in my makeup bag nicely. The wand is also a decent size, I've found Rimmel's wands to be way too big for my tiny eyes in the past, but this one is a great medium size with flexible bristles, which really grab every lash and gives a great fluttery effect. 

The formula is as promised, light and smooth. Instead of going on a but clumpy and making my lashes feel dry and crispy, the Wonderfull mascara really gives them a light coating, which feels smooth and super comfortable to wear. It really seperates the lashes giving you a decent amount of volume and great length. 

Finally a mascara from Rimmel that delivers on its promises, one that actually works and is a pleasure to wear. Rimmel is one of my all time favourite drugstore brands so I've always felt a little guilty that I hated their mascaras as much as I did, now I can finally say I love a Rimmel mascara. 

Have any of you tried the Wonderfull mascara yet? What do you think of Rimmel mascaras in general? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D