Friday 5 December 2014

Festive Literary Classics: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens


I'm not much of a reader and I know of only a handful of actual Christmas stories, but A Christmas Carol always sticks in my mind as the king of Christmas tales.

I was first introduced to this wonderful story by my favourite people in the whole wide world, The Muppets. The Muppets Christmas Carol is a family 'must watch' for Christmas Eve and both me and my brother know every single word (even the timing of Tiny Tim's coughs). 

What I love about the story, moving back to the original and away from the colourful singing puppets, is that it keeps you hooked. Not only does it fill you with festive spirit, but it's well written and the characters are full and fleshed out. 

Scrooge is a character you love to hate and by the end of the story, the man you once wanted to curl up and die, you now want to repent and have a very merry Christmas. 

If you want to get your hands on this Christmas classic, you can download Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol in the Amazon Kindle app for FREE! No excuses! Go give it a read and prepare to feel all the Christmas cheer. 

What's your favourite Christmas story? Is The Muppets Christmas Carol on your yearly watch list? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D