Thursday 11 December 2014

Knowing When To Take A Step Back


These past few weeks have been a huge learning curve for me, I started a digital marketing internship at the end of November and since then I've been running around non-stop. 

Learning more about digital marketing has really made me analyse my own blog and content. Once I started to really think about what my blog offers and the kind of content I create, I started to realise that I'm actually not that happy with it. I still love all things beauty and skincare and I will always enjoy trying out new things, but I've never truly felt like I fitted into the beauty/fashion blogger world. 

I signed up to do Blogmas for the whole of December and I have all of my post titles drafted up in Blogger. When I log on and see that list of posts that need writing, it feels more like a chore than and actual hobby. I don't feel the same passion and motivation I once did.

I love blogging, I love writing posts, taking pictures, creating graphics and having a community of people to talk to, but I need a break. Not a massively long one, but a breather from writing, drafting, linking and posting. I need some time, now that a brand new year is fast approaching, to really think about what content I want to create in 2015. 

Real life is fairly stressful right now, I'm working 6 (sometimes 7) days a week and I have little to no time in the evenings. My fear is that I'm going to have a repeat of my final year of University, where I ran myself into the ground so hard, I ended up suffering badly with depression & anxiety.

I don't want to lose my passion for blogging, but I also need to look after my health. I will definitely be back after Christmas (I'll post a little merry Christmas message for you all so you know I'm still alive). If you can't last through Christmas without me (I'm sure you won't be too bothered XD) I will still be doing Vlogmas over on my Lilac Ghosts YouTube channel

I hope you guys understand and it's going to be super weird taking a break, but I've got a lot of things I want to focus on, including making this blog super awesome ready for 2015. 

Love you guys! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D