Friday 2 January 2015

Fresh Fashion From December



Throughout December I've been focusing on my winter wardrobe and as per usual, I collected a whole lot of accessories and shoes, but not much in the actual clothing department. 

I was lucky enough to receive some items from Fashion Union and they helped in a big way. I was desperate for a pair of flat Chelsea boots that I could comfortably walk around Manchester in and then these appeared on my doorstep. They are super comfortable and look amazing. They're a shorter style than a lot of Chelsea boots, but as I have beautiful cankles, they are the perfect height.

They also sent me a monochrome mini dress, which I picked out on a whim. It's not the sort of style I usually go for, but it hangs really nicely and is amazing, thick quality, making it the perfect winter day dress. 

One very recent purchase (as in 2 days ago) is this black chunky knit scarf from H&M. I found it in the back room with some of the goth/grunge pieces and it's the softest, warmest scarf I have ever felt. It's pretty freaking chilly in the UK at the moment so this is an absolute life saver. 

Finally it's my pride and glory, my gorgeous Lord of the Rings Evenstar pendant. I saw one of these in a small jewellery shop when I was about 13/14 and I instantly fell in love. Back then, I couldn't afford it and neither could my parents, so I resigned to the fact I may never have one. Then, after a horrendous 2014, I decided I needed to buy something for myself, to remind me that 2015 is a fresh new year and so I 'rewarded' myself with a official Lord of the Rings pendant. It is just as beautiful as I remember and it's made me accept the inner geek that I've been fighting for so long. 

What fashion finds did you collect over December? Did you get anything for Christmas that has become an essential wardrobe staple? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D