Friday 6 February 2015

3 Minimalist Instagram Accounts With Expert Branding

Three Minimalist Instagram Accounts With Expert Branding


Instagram is a relatively new tool compared to the old timers like Facebook and Twitter. I also find it to be one of the most exciting and overlooked forms of promotion.

Due to its very visual concept, Instagram can be the most fun and creative tool to use to promote your blog/business or services. That doesn't mean posting endless posts promoting your business, it means you have to get creative and come up with a visual style that represents you as a blogger/freelancer/small business.

I find that bloggers and magazines have some of the most beautiful Instagram accounts and since I've been reading a lot more creative business blogs lately, I've come across some truly inspiring Instagrams with amazing style.

Not only are they beautiful to look at, but they are fantastically well branded. By that, I mean all of their images have a consistent look and a style that accurately represents the blogger or magazine.



Breanna is an amazing graphic designer over on Rowan Made and is the editor of the amazing blog Breanna Rose (BR). As you can probably tell, Breanna's Instagram is spotless! The style and tone of the images are consistent and they are high quality and a pleasure to look at. What I really love about it, is that the images on her Instagram could easily be from her blog and that's pretty much a running theme for all these Instagram accounts. 




The first thing I noticed about Dana's Instagram is that all her images use the same filters, a slightly washed out effect. It gives all her images the same fantastical and romantic feel and I love that she pays a great deal of attention to what she posts, a true Instaphotographer.

Dana recently posted a blog post all about Reimagining Your Instagram and it's a must read for anyone (myself included) who wants to really focus and style their Instagram.




The Veda House is a design studio and blog run by Cassie. You can see as soon as you step foot on Cassie's Instagram that all of her images have a theme. The monochrome, minimalist style is carried through all of her images and truly reflect the style of Veda House, edgy and clean. Her images have a very muted, black and white feel and the aesthetics are well and truly on point.


If you take a look at my own Instagram you'll notice it is no where near as polished as these guys. But now I've done my research I'll definitely be thinking more about my images before posting to Instagram.

Have you ever given much thought to branding your Instagram? Are you like me and just slap your life pictures on and hope for the best? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D