Friday 24 October 2014

YSL Fusion Ink Foundation Review


The YSL Fusion Ink foundation was released over the summer and I was right there, front and centre to get my hand on a little sample. Since then I've been scraping away at that little plastic bottle, trying to get every last drop. 

I've never been one to splash out on foundations but this was one I knew I needed in my collection at all times, despite the hefty £30.50 price tag. Not only is the packaging beautiful to look at, but it's a nice size and weight, not too bulky and easy to hold. 

It doesn't come with a pump, instead it comes with a little spatula, similar to that given to you with the sample but much, much bigger. Some people will really hate the spatula application but I love it! I always find that I can never get the right amount when I use a pump, it's either too much or not enough. Then when they don't have a pump you always get too much or you slip and it goes everywhere. The little spatula allows me to apply just the right amount, however it could be argued that it isn't the most hygienic method of application. 

The finish is a satin finish, it's not completely matte but also isn't a glowy foundation. It adds a sense of luminosity without being too shiny and is thin enough to let your natural skin shine through. It melts away as you blend it out and feels a lot like water on the skin without being overly runny. It also gives amazing coverage (light/medium), manages to cover all of my discolouration and blemishes and lasts all day.

I can rave about this product until the cows come home, but at the end of the day it all comes down to what your skin likes. I've known a fair amount of people who, like me, are completely in love with this product, but I also know people who didn't get on with it. I have combination/oily skin, my dry patches are very dry and my oily areas are very oily and this product seems to balance them out perfectly. For me, this is definitely one of my holy grail foundations (high praise indeed!).

Have you tried the YSL Fusion Ink foundation? What are your thoughts on it? Love it or hate it?

You can see the YSL Fusion Ink in action, in my GRWM: Work Makeup video or you can purchase it right here (UK) or here (US)


1 comment:

  1. I don't really wear foundation, but I have to say it looks beautiful on you! x

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking! I try and get back to all of my comments so why not leave me a message! :D